Thursday, April 17, 2014

16/52


Alaska: Watching you grow is so bittersweet. As I gaze at you during our night feeds, I'm all too aware that in those precious moments, you are the youngest and smallest you will ever be. Can't I just freeze time for a while to enjoy your tinyness a little longer? On the other hand, watching you grow and imagining you as a toddler excites me like nothing else! Here you are in your bassinet that you are almost outgrowing. The maternal health nurse warned me that this would happen soon as you are such a long baby. Now your Mama is torn as I'm not yet ready to transition you to a cot; I want you by my side for a while longer

3 comments:

  1. Oh Jemah, Alaska is simply beautiful!! It IS bittersweet, isn't it? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand exactly what you are talking about here. It is so, so bittersweet! I'd love to have a pause button to savor the little moments a wee bit longer too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean! I feel the same push and pull. They grow up so fast.

    ReplyDelete